March 13, 2022

i want my hour back

I’m not going into my semiannual rant against changing the clocks. It is stupid, lacks purpose, and is an example of the waste perpetuated by government bureaucracies. Nothing more needs to be said. 

More light snow flurries are expected this morning before finally warming up to the fifties this afternoon. Of course with the time change it will be late this afternoon....

As my wife often tells me, “Let it go, Joe”. 

Tiny little Wabash College is heading off to the NCAA Final Four in basketball. You may have heard the school referenced in the classic sports movie Hoosiers. Maybe not. Anyway, they are back vying for a national championship. They last won it all 40 years ago, in 1982. When that occurred, there was literally dancing in the streets at the college. I know. I was there. Instead of tuning to see the big schools and high priced athletic budgets, root for all those small schools that never had a chance to get to the big dance. NCAA Division 3 really is made of student athletes. Cheer for the Little Giants Friday. A national championship this year would be a nice bookend. 



No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger