May 6, 2022

Crossroads, seem to come and go

I had a long political rant written and scheduled to publish this morning. I pushed it back to draft status. It isn’t that I don’t firmly believe what I have opined — I do. It is just the vitriol doesn’t settle this morning. 

I’m not sure why I persist with this blog. And no, that isn’t a plea for “I like your blog” comments. Don’t bother. It has never been more than self-aggrandizing navel gazing. We are all comfortable with that. I will readily admit my lack of effort shows. The truth is any more I would rather read the news than comment upon it. There you have it.

Released in February 1972 the Allman Brothers fourth album was a double LP consisting of live and studio recordings. The album was recorded with tracks including the late Duane Allman and some without following his death in October 1971. 

Melissa was actually written in 1967 by Gregg Allman, according to Wikipedia, and everything in Wikipedia is true. The song was included on the album as a tribute to his brother Duane, who said he thought it was Gregg’s best song.

I don’t know about that, but it is a great tune:



1 comment:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger