May 25, 2022

Words fail me

A steady rain falls as early birds chirp in the pre-dawn darkness. I don’t know why I’m up early. It just is. 

My heart breaks for the families of those children killed in Texas. Evil truly stalks this world. I won’t blame guns nor the gun lobby, rather the coward who murdered innocent babies. I’m glad he is dead and I hope he is suffering the fires of Hell. 

We don’t know why this scum murdered 20. We might never know. I refuse to name his person. Too many of these gunmen want nothing more than notoriety in our look-at-me TikTok Facebook Instagram culture. Everyone not only wants to be famous, they firmly believe they should be. And yes, I get the irony of posting a blog about the subversive influences of social media.

A Border Patrol agent reportedly respond to the school and fired the fateful shot that put down the murderer. If so, he is a hero. We should celebrate his actions, not the evil incarnate that destroyed families and rendered their hearts forever. We need to change the focus of our reporting. 

More: In an opinion piece about the Uvalde murders, The Rolling Stone magazine blames the shooting on white supremacy. Racism, is there nothing it can’t do? Despite the fact a Hispanic man killed a group of largely Hispanic children, it somehow is the fault of White People. Look it up. I’m not going to link to such nonsense. It isn’t helpful. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm fucking sick of politicians filling their pockets with MILLION$ from the NRA! This is wrong! Our children continue to die from gun violence and they do absolutely nothing!

Wait until it's YOUR grandchildren being murdered while at school, or one of your children murdered while grocery shopping. Just sad that it would have to come to that to change some people's minds.

This country is terminally ill with gun violence, and we need to find a cure SOON! I'm way beyond "thoughts & prayers!"

Practical Parsimony said...

I am not supporting that last opinion. But, maybe they mean that white people support NRA; white people are the ones profiting; white people are the minority in making laws. Now, I am not saying all whites are White Supremacists at all.

Joe said...

Anon, I’m sick f it too. Just which law on the books or proposed would have stopped this evil? Short of 100% confiscation, which will never happen, what? Blame the NRA, blame white skin, blame plastic guns. Lots of blame against anyone but the shooter. How about a realistic solution instead of blame?

I don’t have one. Well maybe the push to get police resource officers out of schools might be a mistake. Thanks, BLM.

But accusing me is a little over the top (the emphasis on “your”). At my last job I worked with a man whose daughter was killed in a mass shooting. A school shooting took place minutes from my house a few years ago. I know second hand the tragedy. These things happen our communities. I’m as scared and angry as everyone else. Some of the strictest gun laws in the country did not stop the Buffalo shooter. Chicago every weekend defies the logic of strict gun laws.

I’m listening for solutions, not blame. But I will not give evil the publicity it craves.

Cheryl said...

First no one but our military needs assault rifles and we need to better check who are buying guns. When that thing in Texas bought 2 weapons and 300 rounds of ammo a flag should have gone up and the police should have gone to his home. If you never have watched the series Turn on Netflix you will see why we have the second amendment. The British took the colonists guns and tried to take over. People don't trust the government, can anyone blame ? I'm talking both sides, they certainly are not for the people but themselves. Sorry Joe it pisses me off that it is all the Republicans fault and the democrats just want to help.

Joe said...

You are right, only the military needs a so-called assault rifle, and only they have them. An AR-15 stands for the company ArmaLight Rifle, the company that developed the gun. A little research goes a long way. There is also an AR-7, an AR-10, etc. there are many models of semi-automatic rifles, only a few have plastic stocks. No fully automatic weapons can be purchased by civilians without very hard to get, very regulated permits.

I do own an “assault rifle”, a true military weapon that likely killed more Americans than any other gun — an 1862 Springfield Rifle. It shoots maybe 3 shots a minute, back when I practiced loading.

Don’t let gage media color your opinions.

You do know many Democrats also support the Second Amendment, right? It is not the Republicans nor the Democrats.

BTW, Schumer refused to let a vote go forward on helping protect schools from gun violence today. Both sides play politics.

Remember, without he Second Amendment, the First Amendment is worthless.

Cheryl said...

To be clear I don't think it's the Republicans fault, that is the media I hear. They are both wrong I fear.

Joe said...

Got it

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger