July 23, 2022

Hybrid ball bearings do not run on batteries

 It is strange how I cannot wake up during the week but get up early on the weekend. So here I sit on the couch, a hot cup of coffee steaming on the end table pecking away one-fingered on the iPad. Life is good. 

I had a political rant forming in my mind. I let it go. I’m not gonna change any minds. Sure, I will drop a screed in the coming days, it is what I do. Not today. 

We are heading off to our friends’ for a pool day. Since we never go empty-handed I have a couple of snacks to make later this morning. We are taking some kind of peanut butter brownie cupcake things from a mix the wife bought. I am also going to throw some Velveeta and Rotelle in the crockpot for some easy nacho dip. 

Whose dip is it? Nacho dip. 

Yes, I went there. More? Why does the Norwegian navy have bar codes on the sides of their ships? So when they come to port they can Scandinavian. 

Try it out loud.

I’ve said it many times, you get what you pay for around here. 

Have a great Saturday. I plan on it. 


Edit so much for plans. The rains that were scheduled for early morning have set it and made swimming an unattractive option. Instead we will join our friends this evening for cheap eats and some cards. Almost as good. I’ll take it.

If I was as bad at forecasting as the weather people I would be out of a job. And worse, they are totally unapologetic about their failure  so very often to be right and accurate.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH how I loves me a corny joke! And that was a good one.

Fred

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Predicting chaotic systems is hard. That they get as much right as they do is probably just dumb luck (and frankly, experience).

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger