July 24, 2022

Sunday Dinner

I was cutting the fat cap off a pork shoulder this morning and got a small cut on he edge of my left index finger. My knives are very sharp so it was a quick bite then no pain. I had to go bandaid up and then wash my knife before I could continue. Things from then on were inconvenient as I didn’t want to get meat and dry rub all over my bandage. I finished preparing the pork for smoking pretty much one-handed. It was not a big deal, I like to complain. 

I’m going to get the meat smoking a little early. Rain is expected to move in this evening around four or five so it would be good to have the meat done and the smoker cooled off before the rains come. Cleaning the smoker in a thunderstorm doesn’t sound like a good Sunday to me. I doubt it does to you either. 

I put some hickory and apple chunks in water to soak last night so in an hour or two the neighbors will be sniffing my Q. I think I’ll make som cheesy hash brown casserole as a side. And a veggie of some kind. Sure, there is a little extra. Come on over. Bring beer. And dessert. I live in Hamilton County. I shouldn’t be hard to find. Bwa ha ha. 

How about some music? Since we are talking BBQ, how about some country?






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

George, Elvis what's not to love.

Jean said...

You couldn't be any more in the middle.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger