July 2, 2022

Suspicious Minds

We went to see the new Elvis movie last night. Wow, what an enjoyable flick. The guy who played Elvis, Austin Butler, was incredible. It is good acting when you can upstage Tom Hanks. The film showed the charisma of Presley. It glossed over the fact that Priscilla was just 14 when they met, but that wasn’t what the movie was about. 

Elvis was subjected to fame oh a level few have ever known - Sinatra in the thirties, the Beatles. In the end the fame, the hangers-on, the drugs, the performances, the Colonel all sucked hm dry. 

Anyone who has read here for a while knows I dig Elvis. I like his music. I like most of his movies, even if in the end he mostly just played Elvis. I am sure I have recounted both of my trips to Graceland over there in the archives. Unfortunately, I lack the celebrity idol gene, so I was baffled by the women crying at Elvis’ grave when I was there. 

Anyway, it is worth the bucks to see the film on the big screen. I am good at spending your money, so do what you like. 



3 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

You would have been baffled as my ex was when he came home and found my two daughters and I sobbing the day Elvis died. By the way, Elvis wanted to do other films rather than just playing himself. Col. Parker had other ideas.

Ed Bonderenka said...

My wife had been talking about it.
Dense me.
When I saw your review, I asked if she wanted to go and she beamed.
Thanks.

Joe said...

Let me know what you think Ed

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger