July 25, 2022

twisting the night away

 I decided some fresh corn on the cob would be good for supper with the pulled pork. I was going to grill it but rumbling thunder and steady rain convinced me to throw it in a pot of boiling water instead. 

Just as supper was about to come together that weird buzzing and piercing tone those of us who live in flyover country know so well erupted from my phone and the TV. Tornado warning! I switched over to the local station to get the weather radar. A big red and purple blob was moving right at the old homestead from the west. 

I pulled the potatoes from the oven, grabbed the wife and headed for the basement. 

No I didn’t. I don’t even have a basement. Instead I went to the front windows and looked to the west see what I could see. I saw the gutters overflowing and the newly laid mulch splattering on the porch. I saw the maple limbs whipping in the wind. I did not see twisters in the sky. 

The corn was done so we sat down to eat as the warning expired. It was some mild excitement to an otherwise dull Sunday. 

1 comment:

Cappy said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXTx_nEThPA

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger