July 27, 2022

When the rain came

Thunder and heavy rain moved in over night. I watched it from my office recliner. No, I wasn’t in the doghouse. Severe acid reflux had me awake coughing and sputtering as acid burned up and into my mouth. I feared for a moment I was about to drown on my own puke like a rock star. 

Good morning! That’s a pleasant thing to read, eh wot? I wasn’t  in Harry Nillson’s Mayfair London apartment so I knew I was OK. 

You don’t get that reference? Don’t worry, I just learned a strange fact not too long ago. Both Mama Cass and Keith Moon died in the same bed in the same apartment owned by Nillson. The deaths were four years apart, but both were 32 at the time. If Harry asks you to sleep over, I’d just say no. 

I’m not sure what brought on the bellyache. It started after my PBJ lunch and worsened after I made biscuits and sausage gravy for supper. Both are pretty benign meals. A simple “Dude, you are old” probably is the best explanation. 



4 comments:

Cappy said...

Who'll stop the rain?

Nixon's the one!

Practical Parsimony said...

I hope you are seeing a gastroenterologist for the reflux. Cancer could be in your future with that kind of reflux eating your esophagus. I have had reflux so bad that I thought I might prefer to die right then.

Anonymous said...

When younger and gastro man looked in my stomach he handed me a script for Prevacid. This was back in 1994 and I've been taking it ever since. I eat whatever I want but greasy sausage even in a cream base is not benign meal. What use to cost $300 for 30 pills can now be bought over the counter.
Margi

Joe said...

I actually take Prilosec, but ran out a few days ago. Back on and doing fine.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger