September 8, 2022

Me one, ants nothing

My wife gets that eyes glazed look whenever I talk about history. I am not surprised most of you do as well. It is OK. Numbers don’t lie, you like me to rant about politics. Unfortunately, that is one of my least favorite subjects these days. 

I am floored by the strangeness of the world, and I’m not just talking about the liberal’s vision of a perfect society. For instance I noticed a big black spot on the drive as I drug my garbage can to the curb Tuesday afternoon. “Is that oil?”, I wondered. 


Why no, as I got closer I saw it was a moving, undulating teeming herd of ants swarming along the expansion joint of the concrete. No big deal, says you. Well here is the flock of ants compared to my size tens. Three minutes later after a massive coating of bug juice, the mass was no longer swarming, nor moving at all. Take that. Later, I blew them away with the leaf blower. I win.


 


No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger