September 23, 2022

no muskrats were harmed in creating this post

I had a strange dream about my great grandmother and my dad. I won’t relate it here, other people’s dreams are non-sensical. I have had weird dreams all week. That is unusual in itself as I usually do not dream or at least remember them if I do. Shrug. 

I’m up early this morning. Whatever. You don’t care about that either. In fact, based on my page views, you don’t care about much that I post these days. I suppose the blame falls upon me. Content is my purview. It certainly isn’t your problem. 

It is that life has become monotonous. Not in a boring way. I work, I read I watch TV. The small variety is blurred by the utter sameness. Sure, every day is different, but not individually distinctive. I’m not bored. It is just that so little of my current life is remarkable. 

I like my job. It has changed, post-pandemic. There are lots of on-line meetings, far less windshield time. Sometimes I miss the nights in new cities, different hotels, the sights along the highways. Then I think there is a lot to be said for being home every night. I have driven over a million miles. I have flown about one thousand flights. I’ve been to a hundred different airports. I’ve spent more nights than I can count in various hotels. 

Even that volume became monotonous over time. 

Frankly, I am boring. I am not bored, just boring. No wonder my blog is too. 

Actually, I have plenty I could rant about. The world has become such a corrupt, messed up place. I have become  the quintessential out of step “boomer”. Raging against the idiocy and head scratching millennial world is like Don Quixote and his windmills. For instance, if you fail to see why giving kids puberty-blockers while they still eagerly anticipate Santa on Christmas is wrong, then there is really no conversation possible between us. There is no point in preaching to the choir every day.

Maybe I should tell you about this dream I had about my great grandmother...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It ain't you, Joe. It's that: "The world has become such a corrupt, messed up place."

No time to enjoy life anymore. And everything that used to be enjoyable is being actively destroyed by these idiots every single day.


Heaven is the dream destination now.

Freddie

Practical Parsimony said...

One day, puberty blockers will be viewed as the Thalidomide once was viewed.

glasslass said...

So grateful you harmed no muskrats. Like you I traveled 48 weeks a year for 19 years. Driving home from the airport past the fields and lighted homes I would think of people being able to sleep in their own bed for more than 2 nights. But I got older and being in a very specific job is ended at a time when I was ready to retire. I've downsized and life has become boring and so sad and disheartening watching a great nation circle the drain.

Greybeard said...

I just want an answer to my question:
Why are my dreams ALWAYS stressful? (I'm always faced with a difficult situation with little/no way to resolve the problem.)

You started blogging about the same time as I.
I don't always comment. I DO almost always read.
If I agree and I'm not moved, I just nod my head.
Sorry you can't see that!

Anonymous said...

I also rarely comment on any blog

Joe

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger