October 31, 2022

A graveyard smash

 

The three year-old granddaughter drew this portrait of me Friday. You can embiggen for a better view including the yellow smile and accurate capturing of my baby blue eyes (a trait she shares). She explained the squiggly line is, and I quote; “the wrinkles on your forehead”. 

Yes, I feel old, why do you ask.

I went to the doctor this morning. He was less than happy about my A1c. I wasn’t happy either. I drowned my sorrow with a Twinkie on my way home.  

That’s a joke. 

Halloween is upon us. The grandgirls will be out dressed this evening. Me, I’ll be costumed as a grumpy old man. I fully expect visitors at the homestead to be less than a half-dozen. I’ve finally convinced the wife to buy candy accordingly. 

I fully expect you to limit your pranks to the harmless chucking of shelled corn or at worst a roll or two of toilet paper strewn across tree branches and bushes. No soaping windows or destruction please.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trick or Treating in this day and age is dangerous. No more wondering down the street with the drugs that are out there. Thanks Democrats!
James Old Guy

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger