October 19, 2022

Late to bed, early to rise

I crawled out of bed a little after 3AM this morning. Not to pee (not the prime reason anyway), not nightmares, not hunger, not insomnia, not illness. No, I had a conference call with a customer. It is hard to coordinate a time that is convenient for all attendees when one is in a China, one in France, and me, here in the good old USA. Admittedly, had I known the guy in France would beg off, I would have scheduled the meeting for nine or ten at night since China is 12 hours different in time from me. So it goes. 

When I start at 4AM, I can be done by noon. That is a win anytime. 

On Friday, we took a mini road trip back to the old home town and general environs. Cruising on a two-lane state highway, we saw a guy out putting up Christmas decorations. I love the holidays, but when you start decorating before Hallmark even launches the Christmas movie marathon extravaganza, then you are a bit premature. On the other hand, the big box has had their Christmas stuff out for several weeks. In ten years the early creep will come a full circle and decorations will sprout a month or six weeks prior to the holiday - only they will be almost a year in advance. Christmas decorations for 2035 will be out in November 2034. 

We had snow flurries Sunday night, so I guess we are heading to that time. 

For those of you trying to keep up, I don’t have an update on the wife’s inability to speak. She was still voiceless when I went to bed. No improvement at all. Baring a miraculous recovery when she gets up, she will be off to the doctor this morning. 

I guess break time is done. Back to work.

Have a great hump day. 

3 comments:

slugmama said...

I hope the wife gets some relief for the doctor.

Practical Parsimony said...

Hopefully, her recovery is imminent.

Cappy said...

My dad served under General Environs in WW2.

Hope the wife feels better soon.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger