October 18, 2022

Left Speechless

Star log 53.27.6: We are on day 6, the wife still has no voice. I don’t mean in a woke kind of way; there is no patriarchy here at the homestead. I mean she cannot talk, her voice is but a very faint whisper. I called yesterday to make her doctor’s appointment. After a long conversation with the nurse, she is going in tomorrow if there is no improvement. After forty plus years with me I clearly leave her speechless. 

I feel like one of those sanctimonious jerks when we go to dinner. We went to her favorite Mexican food emporium last evening and I had to do the ordering. “She will have the...”. I hate those guys. My wife has her own voice. She can speak for herself. 

Well not right now.

From a selfish point of view, she’s pretty damn boring as a conversationalist these days.  



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's probably just fine about it! :-)

Greybeard said...

ANY lingering illness bears investigation after a week or so.
March her butt to the Doctor.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger