December 12, 2022

Getting spicy at the pepper mill

It was a lazy Sunday for me. The local football time was off yesterday. I watched snippets of a game or two, mostly I watched a couple of movies. I vacuumed everywhere, I put some stuff in the attic. Supper was as easy as can be; I dropped a chuck roast in the crock pot. A couple of hours before dinner I peeled a couple of spuds and added them.  I heated  a couple of frozen dinner rolls in the oven and a can of corn on the stove. That is about as no-effort as one could expect for a dinner. I dragged out the Christmas dishes, because why not? Those all had to be hand-washed but since so little effort went into what turned out to be a great meal, who cares? 

In all it was a borrrring Sunday. 

I hope your weekend was good, now back to work, it is Monday.


Mom and Dad had this album.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My parents did, too. Hearing those songs brings back great memories of childhood Christmases. Loved his voice. (We are the same age.)
Started my week with knee surgery today. Goal for the week is to stay on my feet while slowly furniture walking around the house. Hubs will be a nervous wreck! 😆 PT starts next week! Good times!

Jean said...

Some of the best music ever.

Joe said...

Wow, knee surgery! Get well soon.

Anonymous said...

Since you're posting the music/memories, as a tribute to my Tallman I'm submitting his favorite:

Anonymous said...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=44bL90HP0Ys

Woops. Pushed the wrong button of course.

Hold your loved ones close this year and celebrate the reason for the season.

Because there is no ALWAYS (as in "They're always going to be there"). But with Jesus in your heart there's also no NEVER (as in "We're never going to be together again").


Freddie

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger