December 16, 2022

On a positive note

Today marks my oldest granddaughter’s birthday. She is eight. How crazy is that? It seems like her mom’s eighth birthday was only yesterday. I don’t feel so old until I look in the mirror or think about my little girl having her own little girls. Truth is written right there on my face. Then I realize I am getting old.

I’m not here to offer up a depressing post, it is a good day! 

I have today off work. That didn’t keep me from answering a few overnight emails this morning and I will desperately try to avoid my phone today. As I was reading emails last night, the wife pointed out the only time I have ever taken off completely from work was when we were on a cruise and phone and internet were unavailable. That revelation is admittably a problem.  

Dang it, every time I try to discuss something it skewers negative. If I want to be positive I clearly will steer clear of politics today. 

The weekend looks to be hectic as we procure the final Christmas gifts. I doubt I’ll be able to watch the football games, since the wife has made other plans for us. So it goes. I can record it and watch later if it is worth doing so. I managed to watch games at a later time during the time I spent in retail hell a year or two ago. Shiver. I don’t even want to think about those days.

Okay, I clearly cannot stay positive on this Friday. Here is what you came for:



1 comment:

Jean said...

8 years old?? Just doesn't seem possible.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger