March 22, 2023

neighbors

The house to the left of the old homestead has been a mess and eyesore since we moved in. For most of the time it has been a rental. I think the current guy bought it a couple of years ago. He treats the property like a renter. Early last winter his garbage can blew over and trash spilled out, blowing all over his backyard. The trash is still there.  Currently there is trash in my front yard from his garbage can. He put it by the curb yesterday, on trash day. Too bad they had picked up the trash four hours before he dragged the bin to the curb. I will clean up the mess when I go to get the mail. There is zero chance he will pick up after himself. 

One renter did not have room for all of her junk, so she piled couches and furniture in the side yard beside my house. After a few days it rained and ruined everything, so she did not bother to take it in. It sat there for nearly a month. I tried to talk to her about it, but she refused to answer the door. I left notes. Both the neighbors across the street and I made numerous calls to the HOA and the city. Finally, it alol disappeared one day. 

At least the current guy mows the lawn. The previous occupant didn’t. The bright spot is that that house keeps me from having the worst lawn on the cul-de-sac.

3 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

This happens with an HOA?

Cappy said...

A spiffy lawn gnome should get you back in the competition for worst yard!

glasslass said...

We have 1 of these 2 doors down. Then 1 moved in next door.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger