April 3, 2023

The funny thing is you think I am kidding

This image is copyrighted by somebody

It is the start of a new work week. The weekends seem to fly by. It is as if they are only like 2/7th of the week or something. 

Is it just me or does the coffee taste terrible this morning?  I need a Bloody Mary to wash the taste from my mouth. 

When I was a young man I had dreams of becoming a member of the Secret Service. In those days (maybe still) there was a height requirement and at 5’9” I was too short. Now I wonder; if the Trumpster goes to jail, will a retinue of Secret Service Agents have to go behind bars to protect the ex-POTUS from harm? I am no expert on prison, but I would think someone has to protect The Donald from being some goon’s backdoor girlfriend. 

I worry about details. It is who I am. 

Good news! I do have a bottle of vodka. Better news! I have a bottle of Bloody Mary mix! I also apparently have an excess of exclamation points! I don’t have celery or other stupid garnishes that belong on a brunch buffet. I don’t need them. I will have a granola bar. Now that is breakfast. 

Edit:

I want to add a serious comment. For those of you excited/worried about the Trump indictments, you need to understand about grand juries. I served on a grand jury for over a year. We met a couple of days a week and heard many cases. I was on a Federal Grand jury, but the system works pretty much the same for a State Grand Jury. The prosecutor presents his case in a grand jury. The defense does not. It is a one-sided affair. In the federal jury I sat, votes were majority opinion. The prosecutor only need 50% plus one vote to get an indictment. The target, or future defendant, does not get to give testimony. In other words, it is a pretty poor government attorney who cannot get an indictment. The prosecutor tells you what the law says, gives his version of events and then asks if you think there is enough evidence to charge a crime. You are not asked to consider reasonable doubt, that has no bearing. You are not asked to determine guilt or innocence, that has no bearing. The only question is there enough evidence to charge a crime. Getting an indictment against Trump isn’t that hard. Winning the case, that remains to be seen. 

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Lets hope after this they move on to Biden and his family.

Practical Parsimony said...

How tall did a person have to be?

Joe said...

6’ if memory serves right

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Grand juries can and will indict a ham sandwich, it doesn't matter whether the prosecutor can get a conviction. This idiot DA Bragg is going to be lucky if the case isn't simply thrown out without him getting sanctioned and disbarred for bringing such a lousy case.

Personally I think the judge who's been assigned is fatally biased and so probably is any petit jury that can be assembled in that jurisdiction; I'll bet Trump's lawyers will get a change of venue before it's over, if in fact they don't just get it thrown out entirely.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger