May 2, 2023

Fellas, it's been good to know ya

I had a long rant nearly composed about property taxes and government spending and deleted it. It is insane that my assessed value of my house has increased more than 50% in ten years. Thus I have seen an property tax increase as a result.* Couple the various additional sales taxes the legislature has allowed and my towns insatiable appetite for spending money...well you see where it was going. It can only imagine what it would be if Democrats controlled spending. The Republicans are bad enough. 

I’ve said it before, every elected politician should have to get a tattoo on their forearm that exclaims, “that is NOT your money.”

See, I went there anyway, only I managed to say it with about two hundred fewer words. 

Gordon Lightfoot died. . Let’s clear the palate with his masterpiece:



*That means a corresponding increase in homeowners insurance since most mortgagers and insurance companies mandate you carry insurance to at least 80% of the homes value. 






2 comments:

glasslass said...

Friend always carried replacement cost on his home. The unthinkable happened and a forest fire was raging 5/6 miles away but it moved fast and swept through his area and left ash behind. The replacement value was more than double the value of the home.

Mortgage companies always want enough home owners insurance to cover the mortgage.

Joe said...

I keep replacement cost on my home. Yet another reason my homeowners keeps going up

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger