July 22, 2023

Dang


Since I was a young boy I have loved Jujubes candy. I dig me some Red Vines. I will always eat a box of Dots, but the tiny little Jujube was always my favorite. 

Even as an adult, my mom would buy me a box or two whenever she found some. She liked them too. In fact, besides cinnamon or gummy bears, Jujubes is the only candy I remember seeing my mom eat. 

I remember a time I met an engineer for a customer visit and he spied that bright green box of Jujubes in my car. “What are you, eight?” He asked. I laughed unapologetically. I like what I like. 

I have been unable in recent months to find Jujubes at my usual sources like Walmart or CVS. I figured it was a function of post pandemic shortage.

On July 4th we were visiting friends in my hometown and stopped by the little grocery there to pick up some diet grape Faygo*. There, in a bin, were a few boxes of Jujubes. My wife scooped three of them up. I protested, but she said I could ration them slowly to maintain my blood sugar. She knows how I love my Jujubes.

A little research explains why I have been unable to find Jujubes in my area. It seems they have been discontinued by the manufacturer. 

I wish I had rationed out my boxes a little more. 


* another brand getting more difficult to find. 

8 comments:

Cappy said...

Yeah, but I like my dental work more.

glasslass said...

Old Time Candy.com had you Jujubes. You might order a box or dozen.

Anonymous said...

Checked ready. Out of stock

Joe

Anonymous said...

Sheesh. Already

Joe

Practical Parsimony said...

I have never had one to miss them.

Anonymous said...

What I'd like to know is what has happened to my Ore-Ida extra crispy crinkled seasoned fries? It's been months and months. :(


Fryless Fred

Anonymous said...

What, were all their truck drivers killed in the chop zone during the "summer of love" or something?

Such a mystery.

Fred

Anonymous said...

Ore--ida is still sparse in all varieties

Joe

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger