July 16, 2023

Kids and their cars

When I was a young man muscle cars were the rage. Nowadays, inspired by the nearly countless iterations of the Fast and Furious movie franchise, it is hot little Japanese branded cars the youth like to modify and race. 

Last evening I saw a perfect example. I was driving in the northern ‘burbs so I could not snap a picture. There was the little black Toyota, an aftermarket spoiler on the trunk, white flames painted on the quarter panel behind the front wheels, loud stereo thump, thump, thumping with amplified base. 

It was a Prius. 

Yes, all 98 horsepower inspiring fear and awe in the street racing community. 

The sad thing, as I thought about it later, was this optimistic young Paul Walker wannabe couldn’t even sit at a stoplight and race his engine — you know; batteries. 

I really, really wish I was making this up for entertainment purposes. 

3 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

My mid-life crisis car was going to be a Subaru WRX until I realized I can't get in and out of one easily.

Practical Parsimony said...

Tommy laughed hard at this, as hard as at your jokes. I was just confused until he explained it.

Cappy said...

"You're not making underpowered jalopies better, you're making trash rap music worse!"

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger