July 1, 2023

The Answer is Blowin’ in the Wind

Thursday evening a storm front raced through bringing 70+ mph winds in straight line fashion. Trash cans blew, shingles flew, and branches and trees fell. Somehow, the dying big willow survived without any large branches falling. It was my maple in the front yard that took a beating. The whole middle section and top broke and crashed down. The mess was too big for me to deal with, so we had to hire a guy to cut down the broken branches and haul away the detritus yesterday.

Those of you incensed over the SCOTUS affirmative action decision should read Justice Thomas’ decision. Those of you pushing the reparations agenda better pay attention, that issue is the flip side of the same coin and will run afoul of the Constitution in the same manner. If you thought the Sons of Liberty were angry over a three cent per pound tax in the Boston Tea Party, wait until you try and force me to pay people who were never slaves my hard earned money when my ancestors did not own slaves and fought to great hazard of their life to end slavery. 

While I am on the Court, the decision on student loans was right also. Sure I would like my parent loans wiped away. I want my kids debts erased. It shouldn’t be at the expense of the rest of America. If the government wants to help borrowers, lower the interest rate, get rid of the capitalization of interest on the government loans. That is what is killing people financially. 

The big neighborhood fireworks shindig is slated for tonight. We will see if the weather cooperates.

Happy Saturday.

5 comments:

Cappy said...

I'm incensed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RghL1rViX34

glasslass said...

I am happy about both decisions. Also just recently a major network woman said that it was a Constitutional right to have an abortion. Some years ago a major breakfast restaurant gave away free books of the Constitution which I have read cover to cover multiple times. Nowhere, in any page, in any amendment does it give the right to a Constitutional abortion. If she can find a page, a paragraph, anything to show where she found that written then maybe the 9 justices made a mistake.

Joe said...

Cappy! You always crack me up

Jackie said...

Hi--this is Jackie in CA, your lone liberal reader!! I agree about the student loans; the interest rates are criminal and should be lowered. People end up paying just the interest and never get to the principal. I also agree about reparations; I've always said that if anyone can show me a living person who was a slave on a plantation or anywhere else, I would happily pay that person reparations, but no one else. I know that technically abortion should be a state issue, and I'm so happy to see that many states, even red ones, are being told by their constituents in no uncertain terms that they want abortion to be available. I don't know that I could ever have an abortion, and thank God I never had to make that decision, but I also do not feel that I can tell someone else that she cannot have an abortion, when I don't know anything about her physical and mental health, her finances, her relationships. That's a decision that only that woman can make.
Sorry this is so long-winded; I'll stop now. Have a great 4th of July weekend!

Anonymous said...

Well Jackie you and I agree more than you think

Joe

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger