August 25, 2023

Burns the tar on the roof

It is Friday, finally. I must confess I have worked hard this week. There was significant number crunching and presentation preparing all week. Based on my overnight email total I imagine more is in store today. 

It has been warm this week. These things happen in August. When the talking heads say the temperature may reach record levels, that implies it has been this hot previously. The record was never yesterday or last year or last month. It is from around a hundred years ago. So I am not convinced this hot spell has anything at all to do with my refusal to drive a battery car or put up a windmill. Besides, weather records in this part of the country only date back to the 1880s, so how do we know it is the “hottest day ever”? You can believe what you want, just don’t force me to participate. 

Anyway we will round out the summer music with an all-time classic. Does anything evoke summer better?



No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger