August 17, 2023

Starts out weak and never recovers

I swear my neighbor’s air conditioner is powered by the jet engine from an old F-14 Tomcat. It roars when it runs.  I’m not sure why you would care about that, I don’t really, it was more a comment than anything. At least I didn’t start the post with a weather report. So take that. 

The Cubs had a nice cone from behind victory last night over the evil White Sox. I think we might try and catch one of the games in the Reds-Cubs series in Cincinnati over Labor Day weekend in a few weeks. It is a great place to watch baseball and much cheaper than trying to get tix for Wrigley. If we go, I’ll be the one in Cubs gear. 

We will probably go Sunday. We have plans to go to a concert with friends on Saturday. Yes, old people do still like to rock. There is a double header on Friday we were looking at, but since my daughter or SIL are going to have to take off the following Thursday while the wife takes me to the hospital, I don’t want to have them use up vacation to watch the girls while we go to a baseball game. 

Labor Day week will be short. Monday is a holiday. I will work Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday I get my left eye cut open and Friday to recover. Yeah, probably Saturday and Sunday too. Hopefully, I’ll be back at work by Monday. Fingers crossed!

In other news, it is my hope to have my stupid book done and published by Labor Day. I’m doing final edits now. Or not, we shall see. I will say this, the effort proves that reading ten thousand books does not mean I can write one. But so it goes. 

5 comments:

glasslass said...

You will tell all us when the book is published? Enjoy the baseball game and hope your time wins. And good luck with the eye surgery. I was a nervous wreck when I had cataracts done. And a dr who when I would ask a question he would respond in a VERY loud voice that he would take good care of me and not worry. I told him I might be old but I wasn't deaf and he did not answer the question. Don't like him but he did his job.

Anonymous said...

I’m not too worried, this will be my fourth eye surgery (they did cataracts when I had my cornea transplants) plus at least 8 other procedures including lasers and needles to the eye. It will be the third time my left eye is sliced open!

Joe

Practical Parsimony said...

glassglass,
I was asking a cardiologist about an upcoming procedure. However, he interrupted every question or statement. Every one. I never went back. The next cardiologist said he was not the help center of the universe. It was a question related to heart disease.
Joe,
Good luck with the surgery. I don't envy you. I had a neighbor whose ac was going out. It sounded like a helicopter even inside the house. The house with the ac or heat unit was for rent, abandoned as it were in 10F weather. The guy I called could hear it while I was in my house. He could not hear me for the racket. I have never heard anything so loud.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

45th class reunion Saturday night. We'll be at the ballpark. Not Wrigley or Great American, unfortunately.

Maybe I'll wear my Kyle Schwarber Cubs replica jersey from the banner season of 2016. Who knows?

Anonymous said...

I’ve never been to a class reunion

Doubt I ever will

Joe

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger