October 8, 2023

Since I’m already worked up to righteous indignation

I had a meaningful, thought out, topical post all composed in my head for today’s entry. It was a commentary on an article I read yesterday. Alas, I thought I saved a link but now I cannot find it. I even tried an internet search to no avail. Without the original article my comments are not germane. 

So instead of ranting about a racist asshole who can’t see his position on gentrification of his neighborhood is no different than the bigots who railed against black families moving in the house next door in the mid twentieth century, I will complain about a different topic. 

The wife and I went to a fall festival yesterday. There were booths of crafts and junk and food trucks and a mass of people. It was crowded. The park surrounding Potter’s Bridge was packed. So of course a significant number of the “look at me, I need attention “ crowd thought their dogs needed to come along. In most cases the dogs were overwhelmed by the press of the crowds and over-stimulated by the event. 

Sure your dog likes a walk in the park, but not when there are thousands of people surrounding him. One self-absorbed Karen pushed her dog in a stroller. These are the same jerks that bring their dogs to Lowes and Home Depot, as if your schnauzer could help you choose just the right faucet for that half-bath remodel. 

If you are one of those people, just stop. It isn’t necessary. 

6 comments:

Cappy said...


Fido has the vote in California.

Joe said...

I think Fido has the vote in many blue states and cities, along with dead relatives, aliases, and any person thinks each of their multiple personalities gets a vote — anything goes as long as the Bad Orange Man is defeated.

Ed Skinner said...

Samuel Clemens said that the more he learns about people, the more he likes his dog.
And if you meet a bad dog, the owner will be worse.

Unknown said...

Any opinions on the UAW strike?

Joe said...

I wouldn’t mind a 40% raise, a pension, working 30 hours and getting paid for forty.

Their demands are unreasonable, idiotic, and communist and will cause the price of UAW autos to be higher than the competition, driving car owners to Japanese and Korean manufactured cars and to Tesla for EVs.

If the union is concerned about the effect of EVs on the union workforce, then they should pull their blind support for Democrats until they drop the silly green agenda.

They are hurting thousands of workers at sub suppliers who make nowhere near the $70K+ the UAW gets.

That’s what I think.

Practical Parsimony said...

Dogs annoy me when there is no reason for them to be there, especially in the baby portion of the grocery cart. Store your food at home on the floor where the dogs walk if they don't have germs. It is nasty!
UAW workers are out of their minds.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger