February 20, 2024

I want you, I need you

We were at Walmart last evening picking up some stuff. I tried to convince my wife we needed a new TV. I want bigger, better, fancier. The one I chose wasn’t even that expensive, relatively speaking. 

In truth, even had she told me to buy it, I wouldn’t have. She is far more likely to buy stuff than I am. I go into wallet seizure at the idea of spending hundreds at a time for anything. Our current TV works fine, is really big enough for the room - it’s not tiny at 55”. And while I would like a 4K picture, our screen is pretty good. 

It’s all about want vs. need. 

Boy, the picture on that TV was nice. *


*During one of my periods out of work about a decade ago, I worked at Best Buy. I know how the manufacturers and store feed a far better picture into the TVs than you can get at home. 

4 comments:

slugmama said...

We haven't paid for cable service for at least 10 years. In PA we had good over the air channels. Here, in Lousyana, when you turn on the tube you never know what channels will be there or have mysteriously disappeared. It's like living in Haiti because you never know if basic services like utilities or water, etc. will be working. People who have lived here their whole lives just put up with it. It's a whole other culture and I want back to world of working basic services. Our tv gets little use since moving here.
If someone out there is thinking of moving to LA, for the love of god, please reconsider! It's like living in a third world country at times. Sorry to rant but this hit a raw nerve with me.....

Linda said...

I want a TV! Tommy had a 55 inch one and the picture went. So, he hauled in a 32" he had in another room. He put it on a table in front of the 55" TV. He is going to get the picture fixed....a year or so ago.
I was going to tell you the fact you put with asterisk.

Cappy said...

Wait for the 4D models. I'll wait for the 40DD models.

Ralphd00d said...

What's a tv? I think since we moved into our present abode, we have not had an actual TV. We generally watch what we want through the computer/phone, and the boys never seemed to want to watch, preferring to play on computers. The thought that some of them flat screens do look nice, but I just cannot see the worthiness of the price for something that won't be turned on much.

... and I agree with Cappy...

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger