February 19, 2024

More Weekend, Please

Here we are, another Monday. I am part of the workforce who does not get President’s Day off. It is probably a good thing, based on repeated “bings” on my phone  alerting me to work emails last evening and night. 

I binged the Martin Scorsese documentary about George Harrison on Max yesterday. Harrison is my favorite Beatle. He lacked the vanity of McCartney and the narcissism of Lennon. Frankly, his solo music was far better than anything put out by the others in their solo careers. 

Here is a semi-non sequitur true anecdote. I was in London when George Harrison died. I bought a copy of London Times that day. I left it laying on the desk in my hotel room. 

If you have an HBO Max subscription, the movie is well worth your time, especially the part with Ringo Starr at the end. 



3 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Without parades an picnics, what is the purpose of "President's Day"?
To give the elite a 3 day weekend.

Anonymous said...

A story from Hawaii. Harrison attempted to close off a used path crossing his property to the ocean. This link describes the outcome.

https://archives.starbulletin.com/2001/06/19/news/story2.html

Joe said...

Sounds like he was successful.

The documentary discusses his warring sides: the peaceful Buddhist and the quick to anger Liverpoolidian.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger