July 21, 2024

Battle Lines Are Being Drawn

The Amazon spy speaker is giving me issues this morning. I can’t get it to play the music I want. I finally gave upon the new playlist and fell back on my old standby - 60’s rock. On the scale of things this is pretty minor. 

I spent the morning yesterday watching old movies. I caught Butterfield 8 followed by To Sir, With Love. Let me state for the record, before the Hollywood excess, before age caught up, LizTaylor was drop-dead gorgeous. I’m talking the 1955-1965 version. I might watch Cat on a Hot Tin Roof today just see her walk around in a slip. 


See what I mean? This is an image from Butterfield 8.

After I wasted the morning I spent the rest of the afternoon doing yard work, so Saturday wasn’t completely wasted. 

Since I’m rambling here today, For What it’s Worth by Buffalo Springfield is playing. That song always reminds me of my youngest. I usually gave him his bath when he was very young, and I always sang that song to him in the bathtub. He knew all of the words! 

The two oldest often got Civil War songs as their bath tunes. Both could belt the chorus to Marching Through Georgia. Yeah, it was a phase. I’d say the youngest benefited from the five year age difference. 

That’s far more detail than you want or need to know.

Have a great Sunday. 

2 comments:

Greybeard said...

Yep.
"Maggie the cat" took my breath away.

Cappy said...

The first time I heard For What It's Worth was in Buffalo, NY.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger