Rivers that usually are 3-5 foot deep this time of year are flooding at 20+ feet. Things are ugly and a lot of people have their lives ruined.
General prayers are in order if you are so inclined.
Me? I’m fine, just a soggy yard. For once it is not about me.

6 comments:
Prayers offered.
While I feel sorry for the folks that get flooded, I will bet 20;1 that every place that has flooded this week has flooded at least once in the past 20 years.
People stubbornly build (and often RE-build) on low ground.
The White River at Noblesville is currently at 24’ and not yet at crest. The record from 1913 is 23’
Connor Prairie- the trading post and house of pioneer William Connor is under water. Those buildings have been there 200 years
Good GOD, Joe ... I'm thinking of you and all the Hoosiers every night as I watch these stories on the evening news. Rain, rain GO AWAY!
Erin OB
But the Connor Prairie site flooded when I lived in Indy back in the early 80s ...in fact, several years in a row.
So no record there.
I still would bet that any place flooding today has, in fact, flooded several times before. Seldon, unless there is a man-made reason, do new flood areas happen
Thanks. Luckily we are in good shape as is my family. Many have experienced awful flood damage. The NWS says flood levels are the highest ever , exceeding the big floods of 1913.
I feel for all of those people
Post a Comment