August 14, 2006

Western Results


The results of the Big Western Poll are in and Unforgiven was the clear favorite western of Fat in Indiana readers. Clint Eastwood movies were favored over the Duke, that could be a sign of my reader's demographics.

Here are the winners in order:

Unforgiven (4)
Outlaw Josey Wales (3)
Lonesome Dove (3)
Tombstone (3)
Ten other movies got two votes

John Wayne westerns received lots of votes, but they were spread over a variety of titles. That may be a reflection on the number and quality of his work, everyone liked them all I guess. I was surprised Paint your Wagon received multiple votes, I cannot stand that movie. I think every Clint Eastwood western except Pale Rider got votes. That one is one of my personal favorites.

Here is my list:

Outlaw Josey Wales
Big Jake
Pale Rider
Shane
Hang em High

Open Range also gets a vote, it is my poll! I have read hundreds of westerns and hands down the Lonesome Dove trilogy is the greatest western ever written. I have not seen the entire miniseries, so it did not get my vote. If the series is half as good as the book, it would be number one in my list.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger