August 12, 2006

World Trade

I went to see the movie World Trade last night. I will reluctantly admit I did not want to see the movie. I was afraid it would open wounds and the floodgate of emotions I was not sure I wanted reopened. Then there was the Oliver Stone factor, his leanings are not unknown and the last thing I wanted to see was a blame Bush conspiracy theory.

The movie was brilliant. It captured the horror and confusion of the day without being too graphic. It is free of politics. My only complaint was the idiots behind me who gave a running narration to each other throughout the film -- "The towers are going to collapse", "He is going to die if they do not get out soon". Once again I was a victim of the VCR generation.

I found my emotional reaction interesting, as the movie continued, the toll on the victims, the families, the rescue workers, the citizens of our nation made me angry. By the movies end my resolve to back the nation's war on terror strengthened. The depraved, sick individuals that brought such human suffering must be brought to justice. The realization that these assholes tried again just this week makes my anger build to a rage.

I watched some woman go apeshit yesterday on CNN because the President had referred to the terrorists as Islamic Fascist. She said he was spreading hate. WTF? Why can't we say it like it is? Islamicists did the WTC, and they tried to do it again this week. These raghead Muslims have caused 99.9% of the violence in the mideast, yet there are some who do not want to call a spade a spade. These people hate us not because of our language , our skin color, our racial purity, but because we are not adherents to the teachings of a child molester who wrote the Koran. Period. Wake up and eat the bacon, these people hate us because we are a free society, not living under Islamic law. EOS. See the movie, it is good to remember why we are fighting.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger