April 27, 2007

Pork Friday

"To each his own" I have always said. Some people like sushi, some like anchovies on their pizza, some like a good steak burnt to a crisp. It is not my business to pass judgement.

I enjoyed a fine luncheon repast by my standards yesterday. I spent the afternoon belching sausage and 'kraut in complete merriment and contentment. I was only mildly annoyed when the kids came home from school and the wife from work and they separately uttered the same "what's that smell" with wrinkled noses and disdain in their voice. I admitted the sauerkraut was a bit pungent, but so, so good.

At that point the wife had the temerity to direct, order, insist that I was to never cook that 'stuff' again. She did not ask, beg, plead, or request. She TOLD me not to cook sauerkraut anymore.

Big mistake. Guess what I am having for lunch today?

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger