May 9, 2008

Sexual Palindrome

It is funny how phrases get locked in your mind on a long boring drive. If I ever form a band 'Sexual Palindrome" will be our name. That is not likely to happen since I can neither sing nor play an instrument.

On a totally unrelated note, is the I-65/ I-80 interchange ever going to be finished? How many years have they been working on it now?

This week's Friday Five are so easy, you can not even call them softballs. It is like bowling with bumpers or hitting a wiffle ball from a tee with one of those giant, oversized bats little kids use. Good luck, and no cheating!

1. In the shuffling madness
Of the locomotive breath,
Runs the all-time loser,
Headlong to his death.
Locamotive breath by Jethro Tull -- Tom

2.Out there in the spotlight your a million miles away,
Every ounce of energy, you try and give away,
As the sweat pours out your body like the music that you play.
Later in the evening as you lie awake in bed,
With the echo from the amplifiers ringing in your head,
You smoke the days last cigarette, remembering what she said.
Now here I am, on the road again. there I am, up on the stage.
Here I go, playing star again.
There I go, turn the page.
Here I am, on the road again. there I am, up on the stage.
Ah here I go, playing star again.
There I go, there I go.
Turn the page by Bob Seger -- Mrs JG

3. This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
The End by the Doors -- Dragon

4. Maybe I didn't love you
Quite as often as I could have
And maybe I didn't treat you
Quite as good as I should have
If I made you feel second best
Girl I'm sorry I was blind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind
Always on my mind by Willie Nelson -- Mrs JG

5. Seasons don't fear the reaper
Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain (We can be like they are)
Come on baby (Don't fear the reaper)
Baby take my hand (Don't fear the reaper)
We'll be able to fly (Don't fear the reaper)
Baby I'm your man
Don't Fear the reaper by Blue Oyster Cult -- Dragon

and the bonus:

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away
We better stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
Stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
Stop, now, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
Stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
For what its worth by Buffalo Springfield -- Tom

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger