June 13, 2008

It is finally Friday

What a week. I had a most unproductive trip. I got up early Wednesday to drive 3-1/2 hours to meet with a customer. I sat in the lobby for nearly 1-1/2 hours waiting on the buyer before I said the hell with it and left. I guess she was busy or in a meeting. I left messages on her phone. I told her voice mail I could come back later that day or the next morning. To date I have no phone call, no e-mail or any explanation (or apology)from her. Thursday morning my next appointment called to say he could not meet with me. So I drove home. Two days, meals, hotel and $4.19 gas for nothing. I love my life. As an added bonus, Wednesday and Thursday were absolutely beautiful -- no rain. To cap the week, the boy and I are going with a customer to see the Reds/Red Sox game tonight. My boy loves the Red Sox. It looks to be a virtual lock for heavy rain. The South is in a drought and we are having monsoons in the Midwest.

BTW, words fail me to describe the tragedy of those young men at the Boy Scout camp struck by a tornado. Remind me to tell you about a similar experience I once had while camping with Boy Scouts (without the tragic loss of life). You know, it occurs to me that we have seen storms, tornadoes and flooding since the first of the month in Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana that rivals Hurricane Katrina. But you do not see the same 'help me' attitude. There is no blaming of Bush and you can damn sure bet the victims of these storms will not be screaming for more aid three years from now. I am just sayin'.

In the spirit of the week, here is this weeks Friday Five lyric contest. The first song has been an earworm in my head for about ten days now.

1. C'mon you little fighter
No need to get uptighter
C'mon you little fighter
And get back up again.

It's raining again
Oh no, my love's at an end.
Oh no, it's raining again
Too bad I'm losing a friend.
Oh!Oh!


2.I never meant to cause you any sorrow
I never meant to cause you any pain
I only wanted one time to see you laughing
I only want to see you laughing in the purple rain


3.Theres a killer on the road
His brain is squirmin like a toad
Take a long holiday
Let your children play
If ya give this man a ride
Sweet memory will die
Killer on the road, yeah


4. They call it stormy monday
But tuesdays just as bad.
They call it stormy monday
But tuesdays just as bad.
Lord, and wednesdays worse
And thursdays all so sad


5.Long as I remember
The rain been comin' down.
Clouds of myst'ry pourin'
Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages,
Tryin' to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder,
Who'll stop the rain.


bonus:Only love
Can make it rain
The way the beach
Is kissed by the sea
Only love
Can make it rain
Like the sweat of lovers
Layin' in the fields

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger