August 11, 2008

Another week

It was a gorgeous weekend here at the old homestead, clear and wonderful. The highs were in the 80s and the lows in the sixties. The humidity was nonexistent. The tourism board would be ecstatic if we could have such weather all the time. Of course there is nothing to see or do here, but perfect weather would be a plus. We have had but two days over ninety degrees all summer. Normally July and August are so hot you can barely stand it. The people of the south complain, but is there really a big difference between 98 degrees with 95 percent humidity and 95 degrees and 95 percent humidity? That is our normal August. Not that I am complaining, but I am just wondering how the Algorites, the global warming/climate change worshipers answer this? I continue to wonder, are we moving towards an alternate life style, one that could destroy our economy, based on a 1990s heat wave?

The youngest wrecked his bicycle Saturday. He ripped the hide off his left hand, elbow and knee. He is going to have a tough time in tennis the next few days.

I did yard work over the weekend. I trimmed bushes, pulled weeds and hacked away a bit more of the jungle. I hate yard work. If I had my way we would kill it all and pave it over. Or at least plant it in grass.

Happy Monday, get to work.

This site has become so boring. Why do you continue to come here?

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger