August 1, 2008

Bow down to The Obama

Maybe I need some anger management classes. So much in life pisses me off. Dumb asses at work, morons on the road, people at WalMart. Somehow I bet they are all gonna vote for The Obama.

The wife is a decorating mode. She wants new furniture, and we really need some. Let me go on the record and point out that I would almost rather go car shopping than furniture shopping. The good news?--we are broke so we won't be buying any furniture soon! Two kids in college will do that to you. Here is a side note that will not interest you, with the big banks all making so many bad loans and buying up bad mortgages they are making credit much tighter. Non-government backed (private)student loans are much harder to get.

Now how did we get to talking about college expenses? The wife is moving furniture, hanging different pictures etc., since she can't have new furniture. That means I am filling nail holes and preparing to touch up paint.

I need to mow the yard. It looks like I am about to head again into battle with the noxious weeds and dandelions. We battled to a standoff earlier this spring, but they snuck through my imaginary Maginot Line and are ready to erupt in a Tet-like attack. The sneaky bastard weeds know I am busy this week. These weeds have made a steady assault on the flower beds and are now into the yard again. The damn bushes and shrubs are in need of a trim as well. Let me also add that I would love to strangle the previous owner with the f-ing vines she planted all around the house. Removing them is going to be a multi-year project. I am almost to the point of spraying industrial strength killer on the whole mess. There are dozens of perennials out there and I hate to kill them. There is something in bloom all the time. But several years of neglect have allowed the vines and bushes and weeds to gain the upper hand.

I am off to volunteer at the ball field. I will be manning the back gate selling and taking tickets from 9:45 to 2:00. Stop by and say hello if you are in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger