August 29, 2008

Friday, at last.

I had to do a bit of travel with the Boss the Really Big Boss (as in President of the Company)this week. He is a nice guy, but I really prefer to travel on my own.

When I got home Wednesday evening, the daughter was on the phone crying, it seems her car would not start and that was the cap on a really bad day. I assured her it was not the end of the world. She said she would have someone jump the car so she could go to her first day of student teaching on Thursday. I tried to make her understand that whatever was wrong with the car (battery and/or alternator)would continue to be a problem and she would be stranded someplace else with a car that would not start. I finally had to have the wife call back and explain it for the eleventy-fifth time. She finally arranged to borrow her boyfriend's car. I went to Indy and the beautiful environs of Butler University to look at the car yesterday morning. It was a bad battery. I bought a new one, installed it, and all is well. I even filled up her tank with gas.

There is not much on tap for this long weekend. The boy has a tennis match Saturday morning. I suppose I need to mow the yard and I have some cold beer in the fridge. I bought a few of cigars this week, as my humidor was getting low. One Henry Clay in particular is calling me.

Oh, I did not watch one minute of The Obama last night. Hurry up November.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger