September 8, 2008

Oh yeah, that was it

Via Parkway Reststop, I found a wonderful site called Shorpy. There are some unbelievable pictures there. It is amazing how much resolution you can see on the old pictures. For anyone who loves photography or history, you will be stuck there for hours. here is an example of the stuff you can see:

go here to see it full size

I love the contrast of cars and horse dung in the street. Imagine ladies navigating the city in a long dress when the street are filled with stinky road apples!

Anyway, I remember what I was going to post about Saturday. The picture above shows a vista of life at the turn of the twentieth century. I have long maintained that is one of the periods I would visit if I possessed a time machine.

What period in time would you visit?

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger