November 2, 2008

More answers

Guy, I have never been able to get completely through Atlas Shrugged. I can already hear the universal cries of "heretic". Perhaps I should try again.

Cappy, my first car was a 1966 Chevy truck, with a three-speed transmission on the column. I think I paid $400 for it. There is a post about that truck somewhere in the archives. It was black, with significant highlights of rust.

James, I stay in Indiana primarily because that is where my job is. That is not completely true, I have had opportunities to move before -- Kansas, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New York. I like the change of seasons. I like the endless look of the flat prairies in the early morning light. The never changing but always different vistas of corn, bean, corn, bean, creek, woods, corn, bean. I like how the rows of corn come right to the edge of a country road like a green wall. I love travelling through the small farm towns, imagining the vibrant life that once supported the 100 year old buildings. I have travelled the country and I love the mountains, the beaches, and even a little the cities. Mostly I live here because it is home.

Now I have a question for you, readers and knowers of all knowledge. Why is it that early morning joggers feel the need to run in the street when there is a perfectly good sidewalk mere feet away? I would rather twist my ankle on a piece of uneven sidewalk than twist my body on the fender of a 3 ton vehicle.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger