January 6, 2009

1977

Ice, snow, rain, we have it all today in the heart of Indiana. The boy was a bit down, all of the area schools were on a 2-hour delay, but not his.

I see the Obama is offering the equivalent of 40 bucks a month in tax savings as a stimulus package. Of course that will cost us all tens of thousands of dollars each after the interest, since the Government will have to borrow the money. The dollar falls, prices for international goods will rise -- especially oil -- and the extra $1.00 a gallon in gas prices will eat that $40 in no time. But hey, those who do not pay taxes will get some extra money and we all will feel good. Even if each of us spends that $40 every month at the local WalMart or corner bookstore, it will have no effect on the economy. If you want to help, buy a house. Buy a car. Get that new appliance or recliner.

I made up a chicken casserole last night it was not too bad. The boy ate four helpings, so I guess he liked it. It was my own recipe, cobbled from three different ones I found. It will need just a tweak or two the next time I try it. Now I have to think of something for tonight's supper. I like doing the cooking. I do not mind cleaning up, but I hate trying to please my passel of picky eaters.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger