September 2, 2009

Fly the Friendly Skies

According to my Pocket Guide to Transportation as published by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, Research and Innovation Administration, US Department of Transportation, the top fifteen airports in the World for passenger movement (2007) are:

1. Atlanta, GA (Hartsfield)
2. Chicago, IL (O'Hare)
3. London, England (Heathrow)
4. Tokyo, Japan (Narita)
5. Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
6. Paris, France (Chuck de Gaulle)
7. Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
8. Frankfurt, Germany
9. Beijing, China (Beijing Capital)
10. Madrid, Spain
11. Denver. CO
12. Amsterdam, Netherlands (Schipol)
13. New York, NY (JFK)
14. Hong Kong, China
15. Las Vegas, NV

I have flown through or to those in bold. I think I once connected in Las Vegas, but I cannot remember for sure, so I will not count it. When you have flown commercial more times than you can remember or count (500, 600? -- somewhere in that range) you spend too much time on the road.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger