November 23, 2009

Monday Musings

I hope you had a good weekend. I did. We went and saw that new Sandra Bullock flick on Friday -- The Blind Side. Go see it, it rates a big Hoosierboy thumbs up.

Saturday we went to some friends house to play some cards and eat some pizza. Sunday we hung Christmas lights. It was a nice day, little wind and warm for late November (mid- fifties) and sunny. The boy helped me put up the lights and the wife arranged the wreaths etc. I missed watching the Colts game, but I heard snippets on the radio while I was working outside.

Last year, when I went to put up my lights almost every strand of the outside lights failed to work. I am sure you remember that minutiae, since a truly devoted fan reads the archives at least every month, and I know most of you keep a log of my activities in an effort to be more like me. I get it. Anyway I made the trek to WalMart to grab new lights and remembering the lessons of Boy Scouts, I bought a few extra boxes (be, be , be prepared is the motto of the Boy Scout, come on sing along). Of course, as often happens three strings did not work properly. You spend good money to buy Chinese electronics and 30% of the products are bad. Go figure.

Since I have a hard and fast rule about turning on my Christmas lights before Thanksgiving, you will have to wait for a picture a few days. I know... Plus the wife now thinks I need to put lights on the cherry/crab apple (not sure which -- the fruit is inedible), so you want to wait to see the whole thing when it is finished.

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger