February 1, 2010

Boo hoo wahhh wahhh

Here it is Monday afternoon. You would think after pretty much mailing it in to the old blog last week I would be refreshed and recharged. You would also be wrong. You might think that the reason I am not posting my usual insightful, amusing and incredibly brilliant posts is that I am too busy studying up for Black History Month. Again, you would be completely in error. Does that make me a racist bigot, a veritable auxiliary member of the KKK, a redneck Nazi, a latent, modern Nathan Bedford Forrest? I like to think otherwise. Is it wrong to ask why MLK gets a Federal Holiday when Lincoln, and Washington have to share a day with far less notables like Buchanan and Carter? Did the words of Frederick Douglass or the midnight rescues of Harriett Tubman do any more set the slaves free than the blood and health of great great however many times grandpa Hoosierboy? Do we have a month to honor the anonymous farmers and store clerks that have given their service to the country to ensure we all are free -- white redneck history month?

Last week was a shitty week and I do not anticipate this week will get any better. Is there any form of life more despicable than a used car salesman? Does no one in that profession have any integrity? When I pointed this out to one such denizen this past weekend, he gave me a smirk to say get over it sucker. I pointed out that if I treated my customers in a similar manner I would soon have no customers. The rat asked what I sold and I said it was widgets. He scoffed, "Those are low dollar items". I asked him if he believed that it was OK to treat potential customers like shit if you are selling a high dollar item? I added BTW, I sold around $26,000,000 in widgets last year, how many dollars in sales did he have? Car shopping with the wife is every bit as painful as I anticipated.

I got my incentive/bonus/commission payout levels last week. If I increase sales at each and every customer by 50% this year, I will just make the minimum level for a payout. Since we enjoy 100% of the business at my top 6 customers (90% of my total sales)this should be no problem! And yes, I do thank God every day I have a job. But I would be a little less angry if they just said there will be no payouts this year. That is better than setting goals that are impossible.

Enough whining ( I hear you before you even type Big Dick). The sun is shining and it is a glorious day. In case you are not aware, there is a football game this weekend. I assume you are rooting for the Saints -- the city of New Orleans were devastated by a Hurricane and the city deserves the championship...

5 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Wow! I was reading for paragraphs, and I had totally forgotten you were white! Yeah. Black History month. Yippee!

Anonymous said...

HB is white!!!!! Well damn, next thing you will be telling me is that liberals are human.






James Old Guy

mts1 said...

NOLA deserves a boot in the face for shooting at rescue helicopters and letting the Super Bowl rescue center devolve into a crime frenzy. Go Colts!

Walker said...

You made me laugh, HB. GO COLTS!

dick said...

Glad you're alive. Now remember, if you need some help with that car nonsense...

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger