March 2, 2010

Tuesday Afternoon

I drove 10 hours yesterday to be in position to meet a customer early this morning. These things happen -- his kids were sick and he did not come into work. I met with a couple other people and hit the road.

I have a customer visit on Wednesday North of Knoxville, so I am safely ensconced in my Hampton Inn North a little early. The trip over the mountains from the Charlotte area was brutal. Heavy snow, ice and rain accompanied me. Sometimes the visibility was only a hundred yards or so.

Shouldn't we be past this kind of weather in the mid-south by now? At least it is just rain here in eastern Tennessee. I should have a short customer visit on the morrow and be home by supper time.

All was not wasted on this trip. I was upgraded last night to a full-blown suite. Full living room, 1-1/2 baths, etc. This has happened before, but it is always cool. There are some benefits to travel and always staying at the same chain of hotels.

3 comments:

LeeAnn said...

My dream, my mental "happy place", is to live in a hotel. Above the tenth floor, mini-suite, balcony.
I love Hampton Inn pillows, btw. Cushy sleeping.

dick said...

Wish I could hit Knox with ya.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger