February 28, 2011

Monday Blues

I can go ahead and post for most of the Midwest -- severe storms and heavy rain moved through last night. Lots of rain and thunder and lightning.  You would have thought it was late May as opposed to late February.

There was nothing on the old TV worth watching last night.  The wife gifted me with a copy of the 2010 Crossroads Guitar Festival DVD for Christmas, and I finally had the opportunity to watch the second disc. The first half was good, but disc two --wow. The compilation is well worth the price, but just hearing a couple songs makes the purchase worth while. Buddy Guy, Ron Wood and Johnny Lang team up on a fun and awesome version of the Rolling Stones tune Miss You. That song happens to be not only my favorite Stones tune, but one of my all-time favorites, and this version did not disappoint. This song is the one I usually sang to my babies when it was my turn to get up and soothe them in the middle of the night. I can no longer hit the high ooh ooh ohh ohh ohha hoo, but then I no longer have babies to sing to sleep.  Here, listen for yourself and see if it is not all awesomeness:



Check it out around the 4:00 mark, and see Buddy  do some great ad-libbing.

The second song that completely rocked the DVD was a Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood knockdown of the old Hendricks tune Voodoo Chile. I think Jimmy would approve:



There is not much I can say after hearing that.  Have a great Monday.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger