March 12, 2011

Jerry Lee Lewis, Blue Oyster Cult and Earthquakes

Good morning blog world. It is finally the weekend. What a long week; it seemed to last at least five days.

Given my determination to post something everyday, I am typing these words as fast as my index fingers can go. I have a confession. I sometimes write my posts days or even weeks in advance. Sometimes I throw them up with nary a  thought. You will not be surprised by that, I guess. This is one of those make-it-up-as-I-type offerings.

I had the idea of posting some Jerry Lee Lewis this morning. Then Prudence got a hold of me (Prudence is one hot chick) and I decided "a whole lot of shakin' goin' on" is probably in bad taste, given the earthquakes in Japan this week. But the tune is stuck in my skull.

I read where of of Japan's nuclear plants is in danger of a meltdown. I can only think this sounds familiar. Doesn't every Godzilla movie start with this plot?
Oh no, they say he's got to go

Go go Godzilla, yeah

Oh no, there goes Tokyo

Go go Godzilla, yeah
Too soon? I remember going to the theater to see Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster as a kid, but I really can not remember much about the movie, but that it was stupid. I am not a big monster movie kind of guy anyway. I have seen the first 1956 version of  Godzilla  a few times -- the one with Perry Mason -- but I thought it was stupid too.

I would apologize for the digression, but I am not sure what I digressed from or to. Perhaps I should just go read what you have to say this morning.

Oh -- and fuck you NFL -- both sides.

1 comment:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Years ago, I was reading a motorcycle magazine, and the author was visiting Tokyo.
He related how the first time he saw Tokyo was through a periscope in "Destination Tokyo" and that it was remarkable how it had been rebuilt, first after the destruction of WW2 and then the havoc wreaked by Godzilla in the 50's.
My niece and her family are stationed a couple hours south of Tokyo and had been planning on visiting it the next day. The quake sloshed their apartment buildings built in pool such that it spilled over to their stairwell.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger