April 22, 2011

A rambling post filled with details about super secret CIA operations

I am off work to commemorate Good Friday. I am not sure what I am going to do, it looks like another rainy day is in the forecast. I will take some time to reflect upon the day. I will offer some prayers of thanks.

My laptop died earlier this week.  At random the "blue screen of death" flashed. I did not have time to read all it said but I am pretty sure when the words "initiating memory dump" appear, nothing good is going on inside the plastic shell. I sent it off to the tech guru at the home office. He said he had to replace the hard drive. He has shipped it overnight back to me and I should get it sometime today.

I am ready, I have been using the clunky old HP desktop that resides in our living room since Monday morning. It is old and slooowww. This computer has served us faithfully for at least 7 or 8 years now. Nope, I went and looked.  We got this baby in 2002 It was fast as an Indy car and State of the art at that time. Now I think the wife's iPhone has more power. It has suffered through several major virus attacks. "Hey Daddy, this warning has been flashing on the screen for a couple of weeks now.  I just keep closing it.  Is that OK?".

We have no big plans for the weekend.  We are going to my Mom and Dad's for Easter dinner on Sunday. My brother and his son should be there.  My daughter and son-in-law will come, but it looks like both my boys will have to work. Such is the hazards of working in the restaurant business on a holiday.

The youngest just went to reserve his tux for the prom. I think he has mixed emotions about going.  He sees most of the preparations as a pain. On the other hand, when you ask him if he is looking forward to going he says "Yes, my date is hot". While only a junior, he somehow  snagged one of the most popular senior girls as his date. Chicks dig him.  He clearly does not take after his old man.

Well, I think those boring details of my mundane life will just about wrap up a post for this morning. The good news is there is not one single political bit in there.  The bad news is I am off work.  That means you may get multiple posts today, unless I find another way to occupy my time.

Now I am off to the interwebz.  I hope some of you have found a way to entertain me on this Holy Friday morning.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger