August 20, 2011

Saturday Morning Musings

The morning fog is starting to burn away as I glance out my office window. The coffee is warm and good this morning. I have sent off a couple of work emails, too lazy and angry to do it yesterday afternoon upon returning from my customer visit.  A good week of work marred by ill-considered knee-jerk reactions. That is life and that's work.  As long as I take another man's pay I have to play the game with his ball on his court.

My belly full of Lucky Charms I ponder today's activities. I need to mow, the flower beds need some major work. I have to get in a walk today, it has been a few days since I got my exercise.

I washed my car in preparation for a customer visit this week. For once, my clean car did not call down storms like some primitive Indian rain dance. Instead, I found the highway blocked by an overturned car.  Emergency vehicles surrounded the stricken automobile and we were forced to take county roads to detour the accident. Three of the roads were gravel.  One could see the dust cloud from the cars and pickups ahead of me for a great distance down the road. Clean black cars and gravel roads are not a good combination.

But, I slept well last night, God has granted me another day upon this Earth and I intend to make the most of it. I hope you do to.  Happy Saturday, Dear Reader.

No comments:

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger