July 22, 2012

3662

There is already an ocean of ink, both real and electronic, devoted to the acts of one crazy individual in Colorado. That won't stop me from injecting my two cents, even if my opinion is only worth one and a half pennies.

This shooting was perpetuated by a sick, evil individual. The Batman movies were nothing more than the excuse for the gunman. The notion we should take the movie from theaters is ridiculous. That is like saying we should ban university classrooms in the wake of the Virginia Tech massacre. No amount of gun control, paperwork, UN Treaties, blaming the Right or Rush Limbaugh, or lengthening gun permit wait times would have prevented this from happening. The guy was smart enough to make his own tear gas and by all accounts the mousetrap of destruction planted in the apartment was advanced.  The killer would have found a way to make himself famous through illegal guns, homemade bombs, anything. Short of banning and confiscating every gun in the nation and somehow every Firework, box of ammunition and household cleaning supplies, this could not have been avoided. Guns will never be banned or confiscated in this country. Not without a bloodbath that will make the previous Civil War look like the invasion of Grenada.

I am not sure why a private individual would need all of the body armor the assailant was allegedly wearing. But that is none of my business. Some people are spending tens of thousands of dollars building modern bomb shelters.  Some people might look around my house and wonder why I need a 52 inch big screen TV. How a person defends his self and loved ones is not relevant to me. At least until those methods impede upon my own freedom. Say your self defense methods involves letting loose a herd of poisonous snakes in the lawn next door for instance --that is not an opotion. But if you find it necessary to pretend you are a Ninja warrior, SWAT wannabe, or medieval knight,  have at it.

There are sick people out there folks. The desire to be famous is part of modern society. Little could have been done to save the lives of the dozen who died and scores who were shot. Perhaps if one person in the crowd had a concealed weapon and fired back it might have helped.  We will never know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pretty much covers it.
James Old Guy

Ed Bonderenka said...

Yep.

TheWayfarer said...

The Establishment press does not report it, but a hell of a lot of these shootings take place in Canada & England, other places where the gun-grabbers have had their bullshit shoved down everyone's throat.
You are right about the bloodbath, but you also have to wonder if killing all the "white devil"s & throwing the rest in jail is/isn't something Comrade-0 wouldn't get a chubby over.

CnC said...

I guess Michael Moore will have to get his fat ass out there and make another bullshit documentary

Mockingbird said...

I agree. I carry pepperspray and a small spring loaded knife. I have my permit and carry a.38 snubby.
I call it my 3-step protection, and hope I never have to...

Dan O. said...

There you go again, Joe. Talking sense.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

This just in: Aurora Shooter Not Actually Wearing Bulletproof Body Armor.

Via Instapundit.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger