September 14, 2012

Friday Hippie Music



In retrospect I might have been a less-than-perfect parent. It was generally my job to give the toddlers their bath. Like many parents, I sang along with my kids while they played and soaped and washed.. 

Quick fact interlude: It is a proven scientific fact that everyone sings like a trained profession in the bathroom.  Do not doubt me on this science stuff -- I am a liberal arts graduate. I do not understand why most recording studios do not feature a shower for voice recording.

Anyway, instead of proper kiddie songs like itsy-bitsy spider or Baby Beluga (eat me Raffi) I sang classic rock songs to my impressionable children. My youngest knew the words to this song and could sing it perfectly by the time he was three. He still calls it the bath song.


1 comment:

Cappy said...

I sang "I Feel Good" by James Brown.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger