July 5, 2014

Friday Music -- Saturday Edition along with other stuff



I woke with this tune in my head.  Tommy James rocks.

I hope you had a great Fourth. We did.  The wife and I went over to a cookout and then off to see 'splody things in the sky. We had a great time. I cannot remember the last time I had to don a sweatshirt to watch fireworks. You can insert your own global warming joke.

It looks like another great day is on tap. I have the Sinatra channel playing softly on Pandora in the background. I think I will read a few blogs and then pick up book to read until it gets a bit later in the morning. I have to mow the yard today.

The Chicago Cubs sure make it hard to be a fan.  Another 90+ loss season is on tap.  It is great to get young prospects, but if you have NO pitching it does no good to get a bunch of hitters.  Fighting to win 10-9 ballgames is not a recipe for success.

Happy Saturday.

2 comments:

David Neylon said...

Years and years ago two of my friends and I, and our girlfriends, decided to drive from Pompano Beach (just above Ft Lauderdale)to either Orlando or Tampa. Years ago remember? Before Disney World. And the only music in the car was one eight track of Tommy James and the Shondells. Crimson and Clover still makes me cringe to this day.

diamond dave said...

Original is good, but I've always been partial to the Joan Jett version.

Consider everything here that is of original content copyrighted as of March 2005
Powered By Blogger